Saturday, October 15, 2011

Seeking Joy

The word "Joy" has a great deal of significance for our family.

When I was pregnant with Abigail, I worried that after she was born, I would slip into sadness and depression.  I asked a friend, who had just had a baby, if she ever suffered from post-partum depression.  I clearly remember her response, "Amy, since Amanda was born, I have felt nothing but complete and utter joy."

Several months later, Abigail Joy Miller (on the right with her awesome, guitar playing friend, Leah) came into the world and I was overwhelmed with joy.


Just the other day, John Schiess, our soon-to-be Oak Park School of Rock architect, asked me a question...  "Amy, what is it that you hope to achieve with this business?"

I replied without hesitation, "unbridled joy."



No comments:

Post a Comment