Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hurdle Busters and Other Friends: Part One

Today, Bob and I had coffee at the Eastgate Cafe with Ray Johnson and Bob Tucker, two Village of Oak Park Trustees.  We have been communicating via email for a couple of months and it was apparent from early on, that they "get" the concept of the School of Rock and want to help us make it a reality hear in Oak Park.

Eastgate Cafe on Harrison Street - wonderful, live music every Saturday morning!

I would describe our meeting as adding fuel to the enthusiasm tank.  We just talked, got to know each other and discussed the project and possible locations.  They provided some good direction and insight and gave us some important contacts that I will start tracking down right away.

At the end of the meeting, Ray said "Think of us as hurdle busters.  When you encounter a hurdle, we will help you knock it down."  Ray and Bob, you made my day.  Thank you.

I think everyone should have a couple of hurdle busters on their team.

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved being there...un-seen by all...to watch and listen.

    ReplyDelete