Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blogging is Like Dieting

Just like a diet.  You announce your good intentions, tell all of your friends, bore everyone with the details and then fall off the wagon.

It is time to post again (and yes, I may still bore you with the details).  I was in a prolonged blogging funk, stuck in a location negotiation process that left me without anything creative or interesting to say.  I needed to keep putting one foot in front of the other and focus on the end result:  securing a home for the Oak Park School of Rock.  I literally had to focus on an image of the building and what will be in order to not give up and start looking for another location.

I may have said this before - need to check previous posts.  I think this is a pivotal week.  We are so close to signing our lease.  We have agonized over every detail.  The benefit of this long and tedious process is that both sides, the landlord and tenant, feel that they each have what they need and want.  I think this sets us up for long term success in our business and in our relationship with each other.

This is really pretty boring reading, isn't it?  Tomorrow, we meet with our architect to talk about the buildout, the overall building design and the exterior finishes.  I can't wait!

It is time to let the creativity flow again.  I am free to indulge in thoughts about the music, the kids, the beautiful building, the connection to Oak Park, the grand opening celebration and the business that will be.  There is so much to look forward to over the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. more often than not, you're still moving forward even when you think you are standing still. (but if you keep having pivotal moments, are you just turning in circles?)

    ReplyDelete